Starner goes on to share that there are five essentials HR must help leadership understand in creating an effective strategy:
· Ensure alignment around the organization’s vision and values as a solid foundation for strategy.
· Keep culture top of mind as an enabler of strategy.
· Help leaders clearly identify and articulate the people components of the strategy.
· Build plans to align the organizational “levers” to support the strategy.
· Keep employees engaged around the strategy and other changes ahead.
The article emphasizes the “people” element of business operations and the importance of ensuring employees are aligned and on board with organizational changes, goals, etc. All too many times this component is forgotten, and thus strategies to fail. You can read more about HR and strategy in the full article here.
Written by Jeremy York